The stigma that your loved one has taken their own life can leave you feeling alone and isolated. You may find yourself in a struggle to survive and then move forward. Find hope in connecting with peers who understand. This workshop will focus on issues and experiences unique to suicide Surviving After Suicide is a seven-week workshop for adults who have experienced the death of a loved one by suicide. This workshop is designed to provide members with information about the grieving process and to provide a safe, supportive, and non-judgmental space to share their experience and feelings with others who share a similar loss. Topics will include:
· Information on loss, the grief process, and mourning
· Depression, mental illness, and suicide awareness education
· Addressing the unanswered questions of suicide loss – The “Whys?”, “What Ifs?”, and “If Onlys”
· The emotions and feelings associated with (and unique to) a death by suicide
· Strategies for handling tender days, special occasions and holidays
· Relationships – establishing & maintaining familial, friendships and romantic connections
· Coping skills, self-care, and accessing community resources
Surviving After Suicide will meet from 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm on Friday nights May 17, 2019 – June 28, 2019. Location TBD but will likely be in SW metro Denver
Pre-registration is required as group size is limited, and attendance at all meetings is requested to facilitate healing. Cost: $150.00 for the seven-week session. This includes all course materials, activities, and light refreshments at each meeting.
Please contact Charlotte Tankersley at email@example.com or (720) 745-9252 with any questions before registering.