Course Description :
The IT4IT™ Foundation Course explains the key strategies and approaches for offering effective IT services. The Course introduces the IT4IT Reference Architecture, which is a standard reference architecture necessary for building and managing an efficient IT organization. The IT4IT Reference Architecture uses a value chain model, which highlights key streams of work that should be undertaken within IT to identify the activities that add value to organization’s business.
This Course is interactive and thought provoking. The Course includes:
- Group discussions
- Practical “take-aways”
- Practice exam
Course Outline :
Module1: Course Introduction
Module2: Introduction to IT4IT and The Open Group
- IT4IT Introduction
- IT4IT Context
- IT4IT IT Value Chain
Module3: IT4IT Core
- IT4IT Core Overview
- Levels of Abstraction
Module4: Strategy to Portfolio (S2P) Value Stream
- S2P Value and Stream: Scope and Objectives
- S2P Value and Stream: Phases and Activities
- S2P Value and Stream: Functional Component Review
Module5: Requirement to Deploy (R2D) Value Stream
- R2D Value Stream: Scope and Objectives
- R2D Value Stream: Phases and Activities
- R2D Value Stream: Functional Component Review
Module6: Request to Fulfill (R2F) Value Stream
- R2F Value and Stream: Scope and Objectives
- R2F Value and Stream: Phases and Activities
- R2F Value and Stream: Functional Component Review
Module7: Detect to Correct (D2C) Value Stream
- D2C Value and Stream: Scope and Objectives
- D2C Value and Stream: Phases and Activities
- D2C Value and Stream: Functional Component Review
Module8: Supporting Activities
- IT Value Chain: Supporting Activities
Target Audience :
The Course is aimed at business and IT Management and encourages interaction and the exchange of practical insights and approaches.
The following IT professionals can consider taking this Course:
- IT Operations Manager
- Service Manager
- IT Auditor
- IT Security Manager
- Project Manager
- Process Manager
- Change Manager
- Problem Manager
- Incident Manager
- Service Level Manager
- Customer Support Technician
Learning Objectives :
- Understand the basic concepts of IT4IT value streams and the IT4IT Reference Architecture.
- Define the key IT4IT Reference Architecture terminologies.
- Understand the IT4IT Certification program.
- Explain the key Objectives of four IT4IT value streams.
- Define the functional components of the four IT4IT value streams.
- Prepare for the IT4IT exam.
Course Agenda :
- Course Introduction
- Introduction to IT4IT and The Open Group
- IT4IT Core
- Strategy to Portfolio (S2P) Value Stream
- Requirement to Deploy (R2D) Value Stream
- Request to Fulfill (R2F) Value Stream
- Detect to Correct (D2C) Value Stream
- Supporting Activities
- Exam Preparation Guide